SUNDAY DINGHY RACING at LAKE PUPUKE
NOTICE of RACE
Racing is organised and hosted by the Pupuke Boating Club (Inc) on Sunday afternoons
at Sylvan Park, Lake Pupuke, Takapuna - 1400 Summer, 1330 Winter / Spring
- 1.0 Rules
- Racing will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing 2017 - 2020 (the rules)
- 2.0 Alterations to Racing Rules
- rule 32 will include an additional method of 'shortening the course' using 'S' over '1'
- rule 33 will include an alternate method of 'changing the course'
- rule 35 will be extended to say:
"any boats that have not finished within 10 minutes of the first boat, may be scored as DNF"
- rule 44 will say 'a One-turn penalty is required for a breach of a Part-2 rule'
- 3.0 Eligibility and Entry
- Entries will be accepted on race-days at the lake
- Entry fees: $5 per boat for the day's racing ($2 if Club Member or Nil if season-ecntry held)
- A separate Class event may be started if six or more boats are entered for that class
- Classes currently racing: Laser Radial Starling P-Class Optimist
- 4.0 Schedule of Events
- Two races back-to-back, each 40 to 60 minutes duration are scheduled
- Summer season . . first warning - 1400 NZDT (October thru Easter)
- Winter & Spring seasons . . first warning - 1330 NZST
- Upto 20 races are scheduled for Championship & Handicap series in each of Spring, Summer and Winter seasons
- A calendar is available which details the dates as to which races belong to which series
- 5.0 Sailing Instructions
- Are available at the clubhouse - or click here
- 6.0 Courses to be sailed
- Windward-leeward or triangular courses are sailed about fixed marks in the lake
- 7.0 Scoring
- The LowPoint system Appendix A will apply for any 'trophy series'.
- A boat's score will be her best 66% of scores from all completed races.
- Trophies are awarded to financial members of the club according to the member's performance and activities
- A fee of $60 dollars entitles a person to membership of the club and its affiliations for the period 1 Sep thru 31 Aug (covers the Spring, Summer, Winter racing seasons 1 Aug thru 31 Sep)
- David Lowe . . . p: 09 415 3346 . . email
- Garth Briden . . m: 022 675 8207 . . email
- John Dowsett . . m: 021 0292 4136 . . . email
print from a MS Word version of this document