WEDNESDAY NIGHT DINGHY RACING at LAKE PUPUKE
NOTICE of RACE
Racing is organised and hosted by the Pupuke Boating Club (Inc) on
Wednesday evenings at Sylvan Park, Lake Pupuke, Milford
pre_Xmas - October thru December ::: post_Xmas - January thru March
- 1.0 Rules
- Racing will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing 2017 - 2020 (the rules)
- 2.0 Alterations to Racing Rules
- rule 35 will be extended to say:
"any boats that have not finished within 5 minutes of the first boat, may be scored as DNF"
- rule 44 will be changed to say:
"a One-turn penalty applies when a rule of Part 2 is broken"
- 3.0 Eligibility and Entry
- Entries will be accepted on race-days at the lake
- Entry fees: $5 per boat for the evening's racing ($2 if Club Member)
- Classes currently racing: Laser - Radial - 4.7
- 4.0 Schedule of Events
- Back-to-back races, each 25 to 40 minutes duration, are scheduled each Wednesday.
- Time of first warning - 1800 NZDT
- Upto 26 races are scheduled for each series (pre-Xmas & post-Xmas)
- 5.0 Sailing Instructions
- Are available at the clubhouse - or click here
- 6.0 Courses to be sailed
- Windward-leeward courses will be sailed about fixed marks in the lake
- 7.0 Scoring
- The LowPoint system Appendix A will apply.
- A boats total will be her best scores from 66% of completed races.
- 8.0 Prizes
- Trophies are awarded to series winners of relevant classes / divisions
- David Lowe . . p: 09 415 3346 . . or . . email
- Garth Briden . m: 022 675 8207 . . or . . email
- John Dowsett . m: 021 0292 4136 . . or . . email
print from a MS Word version of this document