Name: Cassandra Cristynne Cavanaugh (C^3)
Web address: http://theccavanaugh.wix.com/onlineresume
Phone: +1 (402) 981-3614
Cooperstown Graduate Program SUNY Oneonta (Cooperstown, NY)
- Master of Arts in Museum Studies, May 2014
Wayne State College (Wayne, NE)
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, Networking and Programming, May 2011
- Grant writing
- Video Editing
- Design (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Wix / Wordpress
- Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, YouTube
- Event Planning
- MS Office
- First Aid / CPR
- Raiser’s Edge, Patron’s Edge
- TESOL Certification in progress
Preparator Intern, National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum (Cooperstown, NY) 2014
- Constructed and installed mounts and labels from wood, metal, acrylic, and ethafoam
- Explored best practices and new techniques in mount making
Exhibit Team Consultant, New York State Historical Association (Cooperstown, NY) 2014
- Collaboratively conceptualized and wrote comprehensive exhibit plan and script for indoor exhibition.
- Assisted with exhibition research related to exhibit design, materials, fabrication, and budget.
Exhibition Designer, Cooperstown Graduate Program (Cooperstown, NY) 2013
- Designed and built exhibition for the audience of students, staff, locals, and program applicants.
Online Exhibition Designer, Columbia University Dr. Juan Hinestroza 2013
- Collaboratively developed material and designed website for online exhibit for scientific research.
Exhibition Design Intern, Science Discovery Center (Oneonta, NY) 2013
- Designed exhibition plan including evaluation and submitted items list for purchase.
Other Related Experience:
Development & Computer Lab Assistant, Cooperstown Graduate Program (Cooperstown, NY) 2012-14
- Design and create development video for the 50th anniversary of the program.
- Assisted with technical duties and troubleshot and fixed all technical issues.
Development Intern, National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum (Cooperstown, NY) 2014
- Explore new and analyze current online and digital marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge and Patron’s Edge to keep track of customer information to better serve patrons.
Curriculum Developer, Iroquois Indian Museum (Howes Cave, NY) 2014
- Designed self-guided trail walk map and online material for the Nature Park.
- Created materials and printing budget.
Program Developer and Evaluator, Art Beyond Sight (Cooperstown, NY) 2013
- Designed, led, and evaluated a program for developmentally challenged local students and graduates.
- Collaborated with local teachers and Art Beyond Sight to develop successful lesson plans and goals.
Social Media Consultant, The Farmers’ Museum (Cooperstown, NY) 2013
- Created educational social media content for specific exhibit.
- Advised most effective strategies for preferred platforms.
Education Consultant, Hanford Mills Museum (East Meredith, NY) 2013
- Developed activities for STEM exhibition on sustainable resources designed for a general audience.
Natural History Interpreter, Cape Henlopen State Park (Lewes, DE) 2013
- Presented to audiences about local fauna, including night hikes and live animal presentations.
- Fed and cared for live animals.
- Led kayak tours of up to 20 people.
Granting Foundation, Cooperstown Graduate Program (Cooperstown, NY) 2013
- Established parameters for grant proposals and invited local non-profits to apply.
- Analyzed applications and awarded four $200 grants to recipient organizations.
Researcher and Field Documenter, Lippitt House (Cooperstown, NY) 2013
- Analyzed the architectural design of the building through material, visual, and documentary sources.
- Investigated the relationship between the building’s interior and its past use as a boarding school.
Historical Interpreter, Cape Henlopen State Park (Lewes, DE) 2013
- Led tour groups of up to 45 through historic underground gun battery.
- Interpreted for and performed naval artillery demonstrations.
- Researched WWII home front and propaganda for way sign design.
Consultant, ALCO Heritage Museum (Schenectady, NY) 2012
- Researched museum best practices for museum’s strategic plan.
- Determined best course for organizational structure and volunteer program creation.
Collections Intern, New York State Historical Association (Cooperstown, NY) 2012
- Researched available collections management software, taking into account staff requirements.
- Organized software demonstrations through internal and external communication.
Oral History Interviewer, Cooperstown Graduate Program (Cooperstown, NY) 2012
Convention Coordinator, Wayne State College (Wayne, NE) 2008—11
- New York State Historical Association Conference for Teachers, conference contributor, 2012, 2013
- Delaware State Parks Seasonal Interpreter Training, conference participant, June 2013
- Art Beyond Sight National Endowment for the Arts Initiative, focus group participant, 2012
- Mid Atlantic Association of Museums Annual Meeting, conference volunteer, 2012
- Nebraska Educational Technology Association, conference presenter, 2010
Honours and Activities:
- American Alliance of Museums, Member
- Phi Kappa Phi, Member
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon, Member
- Cardinal Key, Member
- Alpha Lambda Delta, Member
- Magna Cum Laude, Wayne State College
- Louis C. Jones Fellow, CGP
Portfolio and references available upon request
Valid until August 7th, 2015