Name: Kathleen DeMeritte
LinkedIn Address: Click Here.
Master of Arts History, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro May 2018
Concentration in Museum Studies GPA 3.8
Bachelor of Arts History, Saint Leo University, Saint Leo Florida April 2016
Minor in Political Science and Education GPA 3.9
- Senior Thesis Paper: “The Imperfect Union: The Undistinguished Soldiers of the 2nd Maine”
- Gilder Lehrman History Scholar Award recipient Summer 2016
- Won Award at the UF Phi Alpha Theta Conference for Best Early American History Paper.
Senior seminar paper “The Imperfect Union” was accepted by Gettysburg National Military Park’s library and archives in April 2016
- Presented Senior Thesis Paper at University of Florida Regional Phi Alpha Theta Conference on April 2, 2016
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Google Sites, Zotero, Past Perfect, Rediscovery, Omeka, Word Press, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Publisher, PastPerfect
University of North Carolina at Greensboro - Greensboro, NC Fall 2016-Spring 2018
Curatorial Team Member
Etched in Stone? Governor Charles Aycock and the Power of Commemoration
- Performed extensive research at the NC State Archives and the Library of Congress.
- Presentation to faculty and local historians listened to feedback and revised content.
- Contributed to the development of the big idea and purpose statement, preliminary design phase, the schematic design phase, and the design development phase.
- Acquired image permissions and obtained higher resolution images from the New Hanover County Public Library, the NC State Archives, the NC History Museum, the National Archives, and Records Administration and other institutions.
Mebane Historical - Museum Mebane, NC
A Tale of Two Buildings: Architectural Preservation and Reuse Spring 2017- Spring 2018
- Conceptualized, designed, researched, oversaw production, fabricated, and installed all aspects of the exhibit.
- Evaluated and analyzed historic information from the National Register for Historic Places.
- Led visitors on gallery tour.
Orange County Historical Museum – Hillsborough, NC Spring 2018
- Researched grants.
- Selected artifacts for a Revolutionary War exhibit.
- Created collections inventory using PastPerfect.
Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum - St. Michaels, MD Summer 2017 Curatorial/Collection Intern
- Acted as lead researcher for Chesapeake Treasure Video on the Bay Bridge
- Performed collection catalog searches.
- Participated in Master Planning sessions and exhibit planning.
Special Collections and University Archives, UNCG – Greensboro, NC Fall 2016/Spring 2017 Oral History Transcriber
- Transcribed oral histories for the Women Veterans Historical Project.
Smithsonian Museum of Natural History –Suitland, MD Summer 2016
- Worked in the Vertebrate Zoology Department of Smithsonian Museum Support Center.
- Created an item-level inventory of film on an Excel spreadsheet.
National Archives and Records Administration – College Park, MD Summer 2015
- Replied to inquiries from researchers electronically and in-person at the Textual Records Division, Archives 2.
Pioneer Florida Museum – Dade City, FL Spring 2015
Intern- Dade City, Florida
- Worked with artifacts and inputting accession records into PastPerfect.
- Assisted with the day to day operations of the museum and gift shop.
Saint Leo University October 2013-April 2016
Student Tutor at the Learning Resource Center- Saint Leo Florida
- Reviewed papers and tutored students in religion and history.
Thomas E Weightman Middle School
Student Intern- Wesley Chapel Florida Spring 2016
- Taught 7th grade Civics and 8th grade American History for gifted students.
- Wrote and taught three lessons: Plessy v. Ferguson, Brown v. Board of Education, and 15th Amendment.
Valid until May 24th, 2019